Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Dec 2008 08:11:32 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      PS Re: Voltage Drop - Less than 3% - 15 feet, 2/0,
Comments: To: M'obeechi <obeechi@RUNBOX.COM>

Curious coincidence -- from the Arc Flash site -- <http://www.arcfault.org/Shipelectricalf.htm>

My father designed and (I think? -- gee, I used to know) also built this submarine, and one of the members of my parish has written software for it. As to the "some flooding" --relatively speaking it only takes a few teacupsful to sink a submarine, otherwise they'd never submerge. Every large navy operating submarines has had at least one sink at the pier...I've heard that this one was pretty close. After the rescue off San Diego the Navy eventually decided not to repair her, and she was stricken from the list.

Another sort of coincidence -- around '63 he was in administrative charge of the Navy's efforts to propel submarines with fuel cells. I knew nothing of this until a couple years ago, but I remember when the articles in Popular Science came out and he said "It's a long way away," without a clue that he had anything to do with it. It was the year that Mercedes sedans had baby fins and Chevrolets practically had wings -- '62 maybe?

At 02:55 PM 12/29/2008, M'obeechi wrote: >I have copper connections, could also get marine grade copper >connectors which are

-- David Beierl - Providence RI USA -- http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage," '85 GL "Poor Relation"