Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:31:56 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: got hit by a front end loader
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

Dear Allister

Sorry to hear about your loss -- i too have ICBC cause i am in BC I am insured for 35K ... with out pictures or inspection ... although i do have many pictures if that was required ...

ok first step ... get your self a daytimer with fixed bound pages ...like a Blueline Notebook Mark the date at the top of each page and start to journal the events as they unfold ...

GET A LAWYER ... i am unsure what city or town you are in but a lawyer is crucial .. Hire only one who works on contingency

Turn over all conversations and control to the lawyer ... If ICBC calls write down the name of the person who called -- take control of the conversation ask them questions ... who are they ... what is their job title ... what level of decision making authority do they have ...

write down thier answers ... ask them what phone number will reach them directly so your lawyer can call them directly ... do not accept a 1 800 number for an answer -- you want a direct line for your legal representative... DO NOT Be argumentative or combative with them

Instruct your family members to NOT engage in any sort of conversation with them Take name and number ... that is it---

Let your lawyer do his or her job ... lawyers are funny they often look like they are sleeping --

keep your journal up to date even if nothing happened ... mark the date and report that the file was quiet today

(often pepy marked down in his diary that he woke and washed .. dressed ... did little retired early)

Make note of any pains you have ..if any .. docotr visits and visits to lawyers keep copious notes .. always show up at the meetings with your note book in hand and write down lots of details about meetings with icbc

Example Jan 16 met with Dick Bicky at the adjusment office @ 2 PM located at 23245 Wescrewum Ave. Dick Bicky was on tim.. we discussed the adjusters report which detailed damage and Dick Bicky made an offer of 2500$ I showed Dick Bicky my folder of other similar vans for sale from Pop Top -- Heaven Gowesty -- had a written statement from the guys in hawaii that rent these critters stating my model would cost them 23K$ to replace -- and simply state that your van is insured for replacement value -- and your lawyer is prepared to sue the owner of the machine that hit you for full value +++ also named in the law suit will be the city who hired this piece of equipment ... and the Compnay and Driver ... (you get the idea ... )

Also bring WCB (this will be your lawyers job ) the operator of the machine is supposed to be following a particulart set of qualifications which include having adequate gaurds and warning around the swing area which can include a flag person or Yellow Tape Barrier ... of course i dont know the particulars about your incident ... but the remedy will be pretty wrote --- Get A Lawyer ...

Allistar always be polite ot these people ... they are trained to poke sticks in your eye until you bleed and cry for mercy

GET A LAWYER ... LET THEM DO THIER JOB ... if you pmail me i will seek a recomendation for you i have access to a relaible person who can offer me names of lawyers around BC Let me know ... Yours

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364