Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Jan 2009 11:09:45 -0800
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: List member count
Comments: To: joel walker <uncajoel@BELLSOUTH.NET>

I was one of the early birds. I don't care how early I was. But I am very curious how I found the list to join in. I don't remember a thing how I found the list. I do remember I tried to subscribe and failed at least twice. Then I succeeded a few weeks later when I tried it again.

My computer was a Unix work station at work at SunMirco Systems. If I remember it correctly I used a browser called Mosaic on the Sun Sparc workstation with two monitors. I somehow found the list and subscribed to it. The list mails became my daily amusement from the work I hardly could get a break from. The kind of work I did made me use the Unix command "grep" hundreds of times a day. By using the command so many times I learned to be a C programmer that way. That's not fun. But the weekly Fryday stuff from Gerry was really cool. If I ever smiled at work it must be after reading mails from the list.

David

David