Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Jan 2009 15:38:23 -0500
From:         Todd Olson <todd.olson@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: shame on you Go Westy!!!

There is a lot of flames flying around about GoWesty on the Vanagon list over the Zoltan Syncro Westy deal and I for one would like to stick up for GoWesty. I have done business for years with GoWesty and firmly believe you get what you pay for. They are great people, honorable and great to do business with. I feel that their offerings are a great value for what I get. I have also done business with Zoltan and have had the same experience. In my book they are both great people and an asset to the Vanagon community.

I don’t post much and lurk in the background but this one has got me upset. This is a free market. The seller and the buyer agreed on what they both felt was a fair price for the Syncro. Buyers remorse is no reason to flame someone. GoWesty shouldn't be flamed for selling a Syncro Westy for $72,000. God Bless them for it. And conversely GoWesty maybe should have not posted the article about Zoltan. Here again the perception of value for the customer makes it a fair deal for both the buyer and customer.

And to Chris from Jordan VW. I have done business with you in the past and I also think you are a good person to do business with and have no complaints. But to your comment about supporting companies that support the list. Although I can not say if GoWesty has supported the list I can say they have been a very generous supporter of Buses By the Beach. They have been the Gold Level Sponsor for our charity event and have given thousands of dollars over the last 7 years. This is money that went to the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors to sponsor kids to go to burn camp and for mentoring programs for adult burn survivors.

There is a reason why we are all blessed on this earth with success. And it is not to buy bigger houses and new cars every year. I feel that it is so we can have an opportunity to do good work with money and help others. And in my mind GoWesty has been successful and has been a good steward of the money by giving back to the community. I hope their buyers feel $200,000 is a fair price and a good value for one of their Westies. That way they would be able to support more families that work for them and do more good work through the successes. Profit is not a dirty word, but greed is. Greed is when someone is out to get as much money as they can for the sole purpose hording it all to themselves and not helping others.

None of us on this earth is perfect. We all make poor judgments at times. It may have not been the best thing for GoWesty to write about Zoltan on their website. I believe if you throw a little dirt, you loose a little ground. However this article on their website will not change my buying habits with them nor does it decrease the perceived value of the products I buy from them.

Sorry for the lengthy email. But I thought it was important that someone stick up for GoWesty on this one.

Todd Olson

"Dropping Bombs for peace is a little like drinking for sobriety." ------------------------------

Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:48:26 EST From: JordanVw@AOL.COM Subject: shame on you Go Westy!!! Re: A 2009 Heads Up

In a message dated 1/1/09 10:05:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, mtbiker62@COMCAST.NET writes:

> Just happened to be reading through Go Westy's sale items when I came > across the comments by one Syncro owner in dealing with someone I've seen on our > van lists, and thought a heads up was appropriate. If this has already been > posted then my apologies. > > http://www.gowesty.com/sale_details.php?id=1127 > > Bob > '87 Syncro Westy >

this is a LOW BLOW from go westy.. i have dealt w/ zoltan before and he is a good stand up guy and long time member of this list, and i have learned a bunch from him as many as you have. i know nothing of this van or this transaction but i can say that im suprised Go westy would trash an individiual like this on their website.

is go westy GOD? with their Seventy thousand dollar westfalias???? i mean, who the hell would pay 70 grand for a freakin 15+ year old vanagon camper????? they are insane..

why does the guy buy the van, and immediately drive it to go westy, what does he think - of course they will badmouth the van and they will hose him for another 10 grand of "repairs" because he didnt buy the van from him.. what did you expect from go westy??

they can nit pick anything because stupid people will buy into it and open their wallets to them because they think go westy is GOD.

whos the dishonest person in this story??? Go westy.. for bilking the guy out of another 10 grand to "fix" his van he bought from a private sale, and the guy for being a sucker and letting GO westy tell him the van he bought was a piece of crap and letting go westy CON him into buying one of their 70 grand westys..

this is classic.

thumbs down for go westy.

once again..i know nothing of this vehicle, nor the sale, nor the guy who bought it, but he wasnt the first person to get BILKED by go westy.

go westy wont ever get any more business from me.

************** New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)

Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:54:39 EST From: JordanVw@AOL.COM Subject: Re: shame on you Go Westy!!! Re: A 2009 Heads Up

In a message dated 1/1/09 11:48:26 AM Eastern Standard Time, JordanVw writes:

> go westy wont ever get any more business from me. > > >

ill stick with vendors who actually support the vanagon (gerry) list, like Vanagain, and Busdepot, and AAA transaxle, etc.

i hope many of you think about this and do the same.

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.552 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1870 - Release Date: 12/31/2008 8:44 AM