Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Jan 2009 11:10:10 -0600
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: More early list memories...

I bought my first Vanagon in the spring of 97 and being a computer newbie at the time, simply punched in www.vanagon.com to see wuzup. Found the list and have been around ever since. I've since had 3 other Vanagons, but never got any of them on the road under their own power. Wish I still had that rust free 87 GL that I traded a clapped out ABS Old Town canoe for back around the turn of the century. I'd like to think I've given as much good advice as I've received iin the last 10+years.

DM&FS

"I went to the tattoo parlor and asked the tattoo artist for a full body tattoo of me, only better looking" -Steven Wright

At 10:30 AM 1/5/2009, Joy Hecht wrote: >Maybe we need two different concepts of age? > >birth age - years since your birth > >list age - years since you joined the list > >By the latter, I'm just a little kid! > >I found the list after my first few months of terrible mechanical problems >with Matilda. One of the kayaking lists I was on was having a fight about >off-topic posts (sound familiar?) and Jeremy Speers said "well, on this >vanagon list I'm on, they allow off-topic posts on Fryedays..." So I jumped >up and quickly p-mailed Jeremy to say "Vanagon list??????? PLEEEEEEZE, >HELP, TELL ME MORE!" > >And the rest, as they say, is history! Oh, and my list age would be 5. >Maybe by the time I'm a teen-ager in list years I'll begin to learn >something about vanagon mechanics (which you may interpret either way, as >you please)? > > > > >Joy >and Matilda, who's happy Joy found the list, because we've both gotten to >meet a lot of nice vanagons and vanagonauts as a result > > > > > > >On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:47 AM, John C... <trvlr2001@comcast.net> wrote: > > > HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID !!!! > > &&& 37 ? > > You're Just a Kid !!! :o) > > JC... > > > > -------------- Original message -------------- > > From: David Marshall <mailinglist@FASTFORWARD.CA> > > > > > and my birthday (37) is this week too - what are you trying to do - make > > > me feel really old!!? ;-) > > > > > > I remember this wet behind the > > > ears 25 year old who just bought a white Canadian spec Syncro Double > > > Cab... that was a few years ago! > > > > > > David Marshall > > > VW > > > Adventure Driver and BMW Adventure Rider > > > > > > http://www.hasenwerk.ca > > > > >