Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Jan 2009 00:44:07 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      What GoWesty had to say about the hot topic of the day---

Dear List

This morning i was very disturbed to read the threads and posts about GoWesty. i had a hard time believing that such a thing had actually passed muster from the GoWesty office so i took it upon myself to send a note to Taylor Grant at GoWesty.

This is his response....

Roger, thank you for taking the time to write to me. I was unaware of this verbiage posted on our site until today, and I absolutely agree that it is way out of line. It was brought to my attention yesterday by another valued customer of ours, and we immediately removed the reference to Zoltan. I notified the author of the article, and he agrees that it was an improper action, as is currently preparing an apology to post on the list. We are all human here at GW, and are obviously capable of poor judgment at times. This article was one such occasion. We are genuinely disappointed in ourselves, and will do our best to rectify the error.

Contrary to the opinions of a good portion of list members (who jump at the opportunity to "roast" us whenever possible) we are not rich corporate monsters, out to suck the life blood out of the VW community. We are honest, caring and hard working everyday people, as you experienced yourself. I can assure you that each and every one of our greatest critics has never bothered to come and meet us and experience first hand what it is we provide to the VW community day after day. On occasion I browse the various online forums, and for the most part the comments made about us are positive, but unfortunately there are a good number of individuals saying some pretty hurtful stuff about us. I cannot tell you how awful it feels to read that some folks actually believe we are dishonest people out to con folks out of their money. That is completely untrue and unfounded. This is the main reason we do not participate in these group chats, not to mention the fact that there is simply no time. As you can imagine, mustering the energy to talk VW after 12-15 hour days at the shop is asking a lot. Instead, we write very informative articles and share them with anyone who is willing to read them. In addition to this "free" information, we spend countless hours on the phone every week giving advice and consultation to each and every VW owner that dials our toll free number. How many thousands of dollars have we saved the do-it-yourselfer? In my opinion this illustrates our commitment to the community as a whole.

Roger, we love these vehicles just as you do, and spend every waking moment of our lives dedicated to keeping them on the road. You and I both know that not everyone can be pleased, and individuals will always stand ready to vilify us, but we will forge ahead and sleep well at night knowing that our actions are born from nothing but honesty & integrity.

Thank you for listening, and if you feel so inclined, you are more than welcome to post my comments on your group list.

Kindest regards,

Taylor Grant

General Manager

GoWesty! Camper Products

1119 Los Olivos Avenue

Los Osos, CA 93402-3232

So my friends ... let us commence to shoulder our own responsibilities into 2009. Be prepared to admit when we are wrong and to make amends when it will not cause further harm to others.

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364