Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:38:11 -0800
From:         mdrillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon List Moderator
Comments: To: dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>

I agree, the list is in danger and requires a moderator, probably 2 or 3.

Nominating and voting may work but should be done off list!!

Jim is well aware of things and I would rather trust him to either appoint some people or tally some kind of discrete vote.

If some of the worst behaving inmates take over the asylum it will be time to check out.

Mark

dylan friedman wrote: > Please don't be sorry. > This needs to talked about and something done about it. > We have lost many knowledgeable listees due to no or weak moderation. > > This is the Vanagon list. > I vote for just Vanagon content. > NVC gets put into a separate folder on my computer and I check it about once every two weeks. > The size of the folder grows far to quickily IMHO. > > I belong to over 30 groups and this particular group is the only one with such issues occuring as frequently as they do. > Other lists ban "non content" posters after one warning. > Any finger pointing or bad mouthing ends with all parties removed from the list. > > These lists are excellent for sharing info. > I find myself using pmail far more than ever now. > This is unfortunate for the lurkers. > Speak up people or we may loose more and more of the the listees with true experience and the answers needed. > > How about coming up with a list of likely canidates and having a vote? > > dylan > > > >