Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:45:53 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: On being a Vanaslob (was: sad decline)

Ha! Gary that's awesome. I sometimes get depressed when I look at the state of the cargo area of my bus. Usually a couple of fast food bags, toys from the kid, a backpack of tools, school papers, a crate of misc. stuff I've been meaning to return to work, and of course those other various parts that I have been meaning to install.

However, I also think that within the last 3 months or so I have used the bus to tie off a tree we were cutting down, hauled several hunderd pounds of plywood and other lumber for a home project, helped deliver many peices of furniture for kids who were aging out of Foster care and getting out on their own, picekd up and delivered about 800 or so wrapped christmas presents for Toys for Tots, and recently brought a bunch of stuff back from NY to MI for my sister. So it really does come in handy.

Now like you I also greatly appreciate those beautiful Vanagons out there. I'd love for my Grover to be one of those one day - not sure I'll ever meet my expectations but one never knows. The important thing for me is to use the bus while I dream of all those wonderful things I'd like to fix and upgrade on it. Way I figure if it never happens well someday I'll buy one closer to that state of "perfect" I dream of.

My favorite thing is cleaning the bus out and getting it ready for a camping trip. I love when it's all cleaned out and everything is in it's place and ready to go. It doesn't stay clean and neat long as those Buses by the Beach volks can attest to - but there's nothing like taking a few minutes to sit and enjoy it once it's preped and ready to go.

Great topic. Happy Friday everyone. Damn now I want to go camping!

-- Thanks,

Jeff '90 Carat (Grover) '86 (We call this one Parts) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus