Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Jan 2009 19:51:45 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon, 83 watercooled diesel
Comments: To: Evan Martin <7martinn@gmail.com>

Congratulations. Be sure to join the diesel-vaagon group at Yahoo!

Jim

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Evan Martin <7martinn@gmail.com> wrote: > Well, what do you you know. > > After somthing like 6 years on the list, looks like there's an actual > Vanagon in my future. I joined the list when I was working at a independent > VW shop and often got to take a shop van home at night but never got around > to buying one. Mostly I've stuck with the list to gleen camper van > technology for my (much bigger) cube van project. > > Paperwork's not done yet but a friend has agreed to sell me his '83 (?) 5 > speed. Body's in better than average shape, maybe even pretty good. Some > recent engine work (head gasket, I think. > > Mechanic who did the headgasket said that the motor is out of a TD and could > be safely turbocharged. > I'll definitly be doing my homework before I try anything like that but it's > a possibility. > > Veggie oil might also be a possibility; everybody like to talk about it but > usually turns out to be a little more complicated than they'd like. > Being up here in Minnesota makes any kind of WVO instalation pretty > demanding for even three season use. >