Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:05:07 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon List Moderator-let's get things underway!
Comments: To: David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>

At 03:02 PM 1/15/2009, David Kao wrote: >I don't have the authority but if I do your resignation is denied. >I hope there are many others to join me to ask you to stay and remain >as the moderator of this list.

I've got no complaint about Jim's moderating as such, and I'd be just as happy if he stayed on at the job -- if he wants to. I *do* have strong reservations about the *new and very different* charter which suddenly appeared, and I have to say that much as I would hate to leave I might have some trouble staying on the list if it remains unchanged. But voting with our feet is our prerogative, as much as imposing drastic policy changes is the moderator's. Unless, as Jim has suggested, this particular list belongs to the members and not to the moderator. In that case I think he is bound in some sense to consult with the members at large before imposing such a drastic change in tone, if not in content.

But I cringe at the idea of dragooning the poor guy to go back to it when he so very clearly has gotten sick of it. I don't think it would be good for the list, and I'm quite sure it would be a bad thing for Jim himself.

Regards, David

-- David Beierl - Providence RI USA -- http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage," '85 GL "Poor Relation"