Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:08:22 -0800
From:         Zolly <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      In Alaska,  Bear Attacks Camper NVC
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

I was in Alaska with the wife and kids. The camp was next to the place where the grizzly bears were eating the salmon all day. They walked through the camp at night between the tents and motor homes and my van with the top up. And I slept on the top ... The wife was petrified of them. The family slept on the bottom bed. I was the bait. And they were huge. Once we had to stop the van because one of them was crossing the road about two yards in front. That small river was littered with half eaten salmons. They walked between the salmon and picked one out with their eye and chased until caught. This happened just before their hibernation. Millions of huge salmons. The people were up on the river bank watching from a realtively safe distance of thirty yard. A ranger was there to take care of trouble. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 12:43 PM Subject: Re: Bear Attacks Camper NVC