Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:04:07 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Air vs. Water
Comments: To: Tieitup <tieitup@GMAIL.COM>

the fuel injected engine is basically the same one as used in US model 1975 to 1979 Bay Buses. and that Type IV VW engine starts, with carbs, in the 1972 Bay Bus........ and goes to EFI in 1975. also used in 80 to 82 gasoline vanagons. the fuel injection might be an earlier system on the old Buses in some ways ........compared to vanagons. . but same basic VW Type IV engine..........used in VW-Porsche 914's............411 and 412 VW' cars......... Porsche 912E of 1976........ All the same 'air boxer' engine. Displacements run 1700 to 2000 cc's I believe.

Wikidpedia is awfully good about stuff like this btw. just put in the search box "VW Type IV ' engine for example........ and you can read your eyeballs out about ..............which models, when, what displacements, on and on. Scott turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tieitup" <tieitup@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 1:52 PM Subject: Re: Air vs. Water