Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:23:33 -0500
From:         Mark A Kippert <vanagon@KIPPERT.COM>
Subject:      Quieting noisy lifters (was: Head gasket leaking. Bummer)

Would replacing the oil pump help (The engine had 134k prior to rebuild)? Or possibly a higher volume pump (if one exists)? As I mentioned he didn't do anything with the pump. How about replacing the lifters themselves?

One note, he used telescoping push rod tubes in the rebuild so I won't have to pull the heads for any reason.

Mark K 1986 GL 2WD