Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:31:05 -0600
From:         Jerry <jbvelo@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: heads- bus depot or van cafe??
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

Scott, That's great info to know. I never realized the AMC heads had a defect with the "plane" of the cylinder head. It's hard to believe that a machined surface no more than 112 square inches could be that for off.

I know when Bob Donalds or Gary built the engine they sent to me, Bob indicated that he milled the perimeter of the cylinder head where the perimeter (coolant) seal sealed between block and head.

JB 88GL GUIDO