Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:48:11 -0700
From:         "John C..." <Trvlr2001@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bear Attacks Camper NVC

As, it's virtually impossible to remove all food, spices & gums, candies etc. From our Vans every night, And I know all food etc really should be hanging from a tree in a bag. Well I like to leave a little token offering out in the bushes for them, so they won't eat me !! :o) I usually stack my two coolers on the other side of camp, out of the Van. I stack two large rocks on top to try to keep the raccoons out Or at least wake me enough to shoo them away. And to wake me enough to prepare fer bear !!! & no, The last thing I would ever want to do is to shoot anything !!! As a matter of fact, the most worried I've Ever Been Is when I woke up and there were Many New Human tracks all through Camp. Oh well, At least my Camping Furniture wasn't Rearranged !!! JC...