Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:59:35 -0800
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stuck Strut Bar Bolts
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@gmail.com>

I don't see anything broken in the photo, so I'm going to guess that's the other side?

You need a hot wrench for that kind of work Neil, oxy-acetylene torches to get those bolts red hot and break the bond. Same for the broken one - smoke it loose and tap it out easily.

I'm sure folks will chime in about this spray bomb or that one but in 40 years of screwing around with cars, some of it for money, none of those things save you time and money like a real set of torches.

Sorry Neil

-- Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" Crescent Beach, BC www.crescentbeachguitar.com http://subyjake.googlepages.com/mydixiedarlin%27