Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:52:51 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bear Attacks Camper NVC
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@gmail.com>

dear bare -- bear and behr -- there have been a few nights when i have gone to sleep and worried about bears one was on the nanimo lakes road but for the most part i am unconcerned ... and we are certainly not a tent on the ground in Polar Bear Country which this dead bear is ... and the picture of the tent on the ground shows -- so -- why am i thinking not me but thee -- well no food out -- locked in closed cooler ... the night time movements of a bear are not toward people but away when possible (so say the bear experts) the amount of traffic on that road that night ... albeit a back woods road -- was unbelievable (i wont sleep there again) every person that went by honked and flashed their lights and yahooed i was more concerned about some idiot doing wierd stuff then i was about bears but i was also concerned about bears so i choose a place that was clearly not a parking spot for the sorts who toss garbage out and i looked around to make sure there was none there before we entrenched for the night

it is certainly possible for a bear to gain access to where ever they decide to go --

sleep well into the gentle night yours

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364