Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:01:16 -0800
From:         mdrillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Total replacement for Westy Kitchen
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

Neil, the stove will need a wind screen or shield behind the driver's headrest.

The sink gets more use than the stove and you often want your face near it or above it when using it. The stove should be the one harder to reach.

You can't just reverse the existing metal assembly as the faucet would be in a bad place for one thing. Also the rear long edge is not rolled over like the outer edge is. The burners are not centered either. All of these issues could be addressed on way or another but a clean sheet of paper will give the best results.

Mark > On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:18 PM, mdrillock <mdrillock@cox.net> wrote: > >> I have decided to spend some time and money on a project I have been >> thinking about for a while. The idea is to replace the entire Westy >> kitchen cabinet with another one containing a modern electric only >> fridge and a reversed arrangement for the sink/stove top. By reversed I >> mean the sink closest to the bed and the stove closest to the driver's >> seat. I have already ordered a new stainless sink/stove top that is >> pretty near to the overall dimensions of the Westy stainless piece but >> with a bigger sink bowl. Starting with a new cabinet below it allows >> fridges of varying dimen >> > > ..... > > Sounds like great project Mark. > > I understand you've already ordered the sink etc., but..... > > It seems that it won't be too close, but do you see any potential > issues with heat from the stove affecting the back of the driver seat? > > Are you "moving" the sink closer to the closet, so that there is more > room to use it? A bonus in my mind would be that wet dishes could be > put to the left onto the table to dry and water wouldn't drip on the > stove bits. (but that's easy to work around) > > If one wanted to do "sink swap" mod with the original parts, could > they "simply" rotate the stove/sink unit 180* ? Likely too much > replumbing, (i.e. stove controls) but just curious. > > Neil. > > >