Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:52:02 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Snapping Mudflaps

> Any of yous guys have the same problem I've been having? I > got a set of the moulded plastic mudflaps of south african > origin. Mounted them up, then within a week or two, it's > missing the lower 5 inches. Just snaps off and litters the > roadway.

Actually my experience has been completely the opposite. For years I had them on my '89. Because that particular Vanagon had a lowered suspension, they scraped whenever I hit a pothole or a good sized dip in the road, yet after many years of this abuse still looked great. When the '89 was totaled I transferred them to my '87 and they're still going strong.

That said, if you prefer the original German flexible rubber ones, I now have them again (but improved, with stainless steel mountings). You can get them as a set or individually. The following link lists both the South African and the German mud flaps:

http://busdepot.com/view.jsp?model=58&category=43&group=6&prodgroup=1040

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT