Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:10:20 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stated Value Quote
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@gmail.com>

Dear Michael

i live in canada ... and have been following this insurance stuff for some time i know there are some insurance gurus on our list and they may want to weigh in -- for some time now i have been wondering how we (Vanagon Owners ) can get proper insurance that commensurates with actual use -- camping -- driving -- raising chickens -- and most important actual and realistic value if written off or damaged

i had thought some sort of mutual company formation by our selves -- ahh but wy reinvent the wheel -- I see that Triple A offers group memberships and increases the benefits of being a member -- I wonder if there is any value in creating an International Vanagon AAA / CAA club that owners are free to join if they choose -- and that membership would likely come with ... or could be created with a specifically designed insurance policy that covers those who like to keep their vanagon or transporter in the garage -- those who like to drive over high cliffs in the sand -- those who like to take 3 month international journeys -- those who like to keep a registered vanagon in their drive way to hide tools and parts -- those who work and or live in their vanagon on a daily basis -- i would imagine the person who purchases this

*1991 Vanagon Full Camper Syncro - #858* *$73,999.43 (149,811 miles) *

*from a west coast van reseller will hardly accept 2500$ if they total it *

*so maybe the question should not be why do i have to pay nearly 1000$ a year to insure my van for replacement 35000$ *

*but maybe it should be ... how can we best benefit one another with the power of our group ownership *

*yours *

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364