Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Feb 2009 08:51:56 -0800
From:         Matt Drew <t3vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      A DIFFERENT kinda tire thread....
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com, Wetwesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

Volks-

After having tires installed that TireWorks said had an adequate load rating (but DIDN'T), they've done a little more homework and admitted that they put wimpy rubber on Blackbeard and have agreed to replace them (at no cost) with adequate ones. Size: 205/70/R14

*THE PROBLEMS... *1: They don't have beefy enough 205/70/R14 tires in stock. 2: They don't carry tires with the necessary specs company-wide, so they can't order from a different store and have them shipped. 3: They've agreed to purchase from somewhere else (i.e. TireTrack.com), but the 2 models that I've forwarded are not available (national back-order, etc). * Those 2 models are: 1) General Tire Altimax RT 2) Firestone Winterforce

Spoke with the GM of the shop yesterday, and he's asked that I send him any and all applicable information regarding replacement tires so that he can get them ordered ASAP.

*THE QUESTION:* Will any listmembers who have recently purchased tires please PMAIL me the information on the tires and where to get them?

I ask that you PMAIL me because I know how much everyone LOVES a good tire thread! :o)

Then, if anyone else needs similar information, feel free to pmail me and I'll get you a comprehensive summary of the responses.

Thank you for your help!!!!

-- Drew, Las Vegas '90 GL "Blackbeard"