Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:58:04 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help, fan wont shut off
Comments: To: dj <djct2@YAHOO.COM>

HI Deek, if the fan and temp sensor work on only one speed..... that should be fine for most situations. it is good to 'make sure' that it works............like it should......let it idle until the fan comes on, then runs a while, then cycles off. ( check what the temp gauge reads while you're doing that check ........like to see it at 50 to 55 % deflection.........on the LED, or even slightly to the right.)

yes, if you replace the temp sender in the radiator ( which can almost take a special socket btw ) ........ one would need to bleed the cooling system at the radiator after that........ but it's not difficult or tricky or mysterious or anything like that. Some people are 'more worried' about bleeding the cooling system then they need to be, in my opinion.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "dj" <djct2@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 10:12 AM Subject: Re: Help, fan wont shut off