Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Feb 2009 14:41:31 -0500
From:         Amy Miner <vanagonwestygirl@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Atwood Heater for sale

Back in the fall I decided that I wanted a propane heater in my Westy. My husband had purchased a Atwood 8012 brand new and an Atwood thermostat to go with it. Our friend has one installed in their Westy in the small square cabinet between the fridge and 120ac power outlets. It really pumps out the heat and draws less than 2 amp and hour. ( I really don't know much about amps/hours except what I have been told) Compared to the Propex it uses a little more juice but has twice the BTU's. The installation in that space is a bit time consuming but it can be done. I have pictures somewhere from another list member of his install. You would need to make a spacer out of an old cabinet door,piece of plywood,ect as the heater is just over a half inch to long to fit flush in the cabinet. Well right after my husband ordered the Atwood and didn't tell me, I ordered the Propex heater and didn't tell him. The propex arrived first and on the day before we were going to go camping over thanksgiving holiday. The Atwood wouldn't be in until after we got back. So my husband installed the propex and we have been happy with it. I do wish at times that we installled the Atwood for more heat on those cold nights,but the propex is already in and working regardless if the Atwood puts out double the heat!!! So after having this heater since just after Thanksgiving and not doing anything with it we decided to try and sell it. Its an Atwood 8012. 12,000 btu's. Comes with an Atwood thermostat. This heater gets the air for the "firebox" from the outside and also dumps the exhaust to the outside. So you get no moisture,low oxygen,co2 or any fumes inside the van. This is the safest way to heat your van. You can just set the thermostat at night to your desired temp and sleep in warmth allnight with no worries. These heater sell for over 400.00 in the RV catalogs or local RV places want around 500.00. As usual these places are overpriced. I paid a little over 300 and another 15.00 for the thermostat. I'll sell the heater and thermostat for 250.00. I already talked to the place I bought the heater from and they are an authorised Atwood dealer. He said that he would honor the 1 year warranty to Nov 1,2009 for who ever purchases it as he knows its never been installed. (We bought a dozen propane hotwater heaters for the scout cabins from him so were on his good side). Like I mentioned before 250.00 for the heater and thermostat. search google for the Atwood 8012 for the actual specs on this heater. Feel free to make me an offer or I am looking for a set of 4 mudflaps,E-codes,power mirrors,grey sliding door interior panel,gray rear mattress cover,ect...

-Amy Miner- Stonington,CT