Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:12:54 -0700
From:         Maggie Dew <wildebus@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Women of the Bus

Subject: Women and their VW Buses

Hi all,

Taking a cue from Larry's "Buses of the World" calendar < http://www.lulu.com/content/5280905>, I would like to put together a "Women of the Bus" calendar for next year – 2010. As with the Buses calendars, all profits will go to the Pay it Forward Fund (PiFF). If you are not familiar with PiFF, check for more information here: <http://www.roadhaus.com/PIF. html>

I'm starting early to collect photos and information from women in the VW Bus community. By "Bus" I mean to include everything from Bays & Splitties to Eurovans. My main focus is to be on women who have their own bus and travel or camp in it either occasionally, on a regular basis, or for extended periods. I know some of you are full-timers, while others take the occasional trip. I want to capture the sense of freedom and adventure that embarking on a VW bus trip entails!

I'm hoping for some nice calendar-worthy photos that include both bus and owner. Artsy is good. If you can be creative with these portraits, all the better, but please don't manipulate or photoshop the image. I would like to show more than just a posed photo in front of a bus, but rather something that imparts more of the bus experience. For example, here is a nice photo of Kathleen Piper with her bus, which was submitted by Joyce Mills for the "Buses of the World" calendar <http://tinyurl.com/dmum6n>. It says something like "travel, adventure, outdoors, fun . . ." – well, you get the idea.

You are welcome to submit photos of yourself and your own bus, or photos of other women with their buses – as long as they have given permission for the photo to be used and you supply contact information for them. Do not send the photos to this e-mail address, but to vwwomen@gmail.com

*GUIDELINES* – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

1) Highest resolution photos you have, minimum 1600 x 1200 pixels

2) Horizontal orientation (see Buses of the World Calendar link)

3) Please, no "date stamp" on the face of the photo. A deal-breaker.

4) Bus and owner should both appear in photo.

5) Send an e-mail, with photo attached, and include the following:

a. Name of bus owner

b. Name of bus, if applicable

c. Year/model of bus (e.g., 1985 Westy)

d. Your contact info: e-mail address, phone number

e. Your website or blog link if applicable

f. Where you are located: City & State, or just State

g. Where the photo was taken

h. A sentence or two about you and your bus: For example, something about your experiences, travels, feelings, etc. regarding the bus.

6) At the end of your e-mail, please add this sentence: "I give permission for Margaret Dew to use this photograph for publication in a calendar for 2010".

7) Put your full name at the bottom of the e-mail

8) Send your e-mail and photo to me at vwwomen@gmail.com

While, I am looking forward to publishing this calendar, I am also excited at the prospect of finding out more about the women of the VW community and their experiences.

Thanks – and feel free to spread the word to other women. I will be posting a notice in several public forums in the next couple of days.

Maggie Dew