Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:47:32 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Frugal Mechanic?
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@comcast.net>

That is what I am talking.

Even though price differences are sufficient to get ones attention, one cannot place a price tag on "Exemplary Service" - service of such high quality as to stand above the rest so as to serve as a model for others. . For that reason I hang with my list vendors. Always have. Always will.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Ken Wilford wrote: > While you might occasionally find something cheaper on this site, on > the average the prices are higher than what you would find shopping > with me, or the other List Vendors. I actually had a guy come to me > not too long ago and wanted me to match prices on the other vendors on > a big project. So I made up an Excel spreadsheet that showed all of > the prices across the board with the three and we actually came out > the cheapest! Yes there were a few parts here and there that were > cheaper elsewhere but we are very competitive. And when you buy from > us you get support over the phone and via email. When someone buys a > head or engine gasket kit from me, they get a step by step how to > guide on how to do the job correctly. When they buy a fuel line kit > or a Westy Canvas, or many other parts they get the same treatment. > Try getting in touch with someone at "Parts Train" or "Parts Geek" > that even knows what a Vanagon is! Good luck on that one. Would they > go to the trouble of tracking down that obscure part for you that > costs only a few dollars from a dealer shelf somewhere? Would they > fabricate replacement parts that are no longer available from any > source? That is what you are supporting when you are supporting the > list Vendors. Not only some guys that love Vanagons but also guys who > are dedicated to keeping them alive and so we will search the world > over for parts, or make them ourselves, just to keep your van on the > road. We are here for you, but that only continues as long as you are > here for us. > > Thank you for supporting us at Van-Again. It has been a great 10 years! > > Sincerely, > Ken Wilford > John 3:16 > www.vanagain.com > > > John Rodgers wrote: >> Ryan Alfonso wrote: >>> http://frugalmechanic.com/cars/1989-volkswagen-vanagon >>> >>> Hmmm. May pose a threat to our beloved suppliers. "Buy local!" >>> >>> >>> >> Whoa!!! This is heavy! Some items are as much as $200 less on >> Frugalmechanic.com than on websites of our beloved suppliers.- and this >> is for same brand, same condition stuff. Money talks, but money isn't >> everything. With our "Beloved Suppliers" you get a lot of techie talk >> and support. That alone is worth a bunch. Even before seeing this >> FrugalMechanic website, I buy my stuff from a list vendor that typically >> charges just a tiny bit more, but I get what I pay for - exemplary >> service.That's worth a lot to me. But $200 difference on some critical >> items? Sheesh - that's enough to make you sit up and take notice. >> >> Regards, >> >> John Rodgers >> 88 GL Driver >> > >