Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Feb 2009 03:41:29 -0600
From:         Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: '88 VW Vanagon GL Wolfsburg Weekender
Comments: To: Matthew Hokanson <vanagon88@GMAIL.COM>

Matt,

You need to let us know where you ar at.

Thanks, Tom 256-656-1924

-----Original Message----- From: "Matthew Hokanson" <vanagon88@GMAIL.COM> To: "vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM" <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: 2/12/09 1:35 PM Subject: '88 VW Vanagon GL Wolfsburg Weekender

Hey all:

My '88 VW Vanagon GL Wolfsburg Weekender has been leaking coolant for a few weeks now. After taking a look under the engine, I had a bad feeling it was the dreaded head gasket issue. I took it to my trusted german auto mechanic and after some poking around, he confirmed my suspicion.

I've scoured the archives in regards to the issue. Thus, I'm clear on my options ranging from 'Bars Leak' to 'a new engine'. However, the van has 250,000+ mi. and has been needing more and more fixes (some DIY and some w/ mechanic). My financial situation, resulting from the current economy, is now at a point where I cannot afford the van. I knew going into it that these beautiful creatures do require money and know-how.

Besides some slight body rust, and a stubborn/quirky oil pressure sender and a broken temp gauge, she runs great and passed Maine state inspection this past November ('08). If someone had the money to fix the head gasket issue, I am confident it would make a great daily driver or be good for resale.

Getting to the point, I was curious if anyone on the list would have an interest in my van -OR- if anyone had a suggestion on ways I could find a good home for it short of giving it away for free.

Thanks in advance for your time.

- matt h.

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.552 / Virus Database: 270.10.23/1947 - Release Date: 2/11/2009 6:11 PM