Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:08:28 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mocal sandwich plate plus oil cooler equals overcooling
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>

that would be interesting to find another place ( besides the pressure cap fitting on the pressure bottle ) to tap into the cooling system so you cna pressurize it there, thus testing the pressure bottle and pressure cap right in place.

I see the misunderstanding........ we're talking about, or at lesat I am thinking about, the engine, and possibly working on it....... and I see the words 'take out the compressor'........ which sounds to me like 'remove the compressor' ..........since I'm, thinking about the van and engine we're dealing with here. hence the unclarity.

I never have to 'take out my compressor' of course.........it's hooked up full time and I just need to grab an air hose. I do need to 'turn on my air compressor to do a leak down test' though.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Bange" <jbange@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2009 4:45 PM Subject: Re: Mocal sandwich plate plus oil cooler equals overcooling