Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Feb 2009 12:13:52 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Battery Box Corrosion
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

go to your FLAPS and get their best 'battery cleaner' is a spray can........... it neutralizes battery rust.

and .............the tried and true treatment...........going back to the beginning of lead-acid car batteries in cars.............is baking soda and water , applied to battery acid with a brush.

after you get bare metal........ treat it with Rust Stop...........a spray or brush on juice that treats the metal. When that's dry, paint those spots with self-etching primer paint. . then paint with the paint of your choice on top of that.

there are various epoxy two-part paints too...........that will outlast the metal or the van even. Getting the paint to stick to the metal...........that's the 'real trick' ...... get that part right ...........and those spots will never rust again.

another discussion is why battery acid even got to your battery box in the first place............which is something that never needs to happen in the first place. Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 1:24 AM Subject: Battery Box Corrosion