Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:52:18 -0600
From:         joel walker <uncajoel@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Fw:      Re: [VANAGON] VW bus and beetle on Yahoo's 10 deadlies
              car list.              Any thruth?

> In fact the T3 is utterly different to the T2 (and the T1 Split > which > the T2 was a modified version of). Nothing, in either design or > actual > items, were carried-over (apart from the aircooled engine and > perhaps > transmission parts). Which is why most Americans are unaware that > the > so-called "Vanagon" is a Type 2. "Bus".

yup. you guys are right ... that's why when i was crawling around under my bay window/T2 buses, the actual frame members were in the same place and were of the same design as the frame members of the vanagon/T3 buses. and the rear brakes and axles, transmission on the 80-83 aircooled vanagons/T3, and host of other parts are exactly the same, with even the same part numbers as the bay/t3 buses. vw was soooo stupid as to not carry over ANYthing from the older buses, not even the design of the truck frame. ;)

but you know, all those years of actually driving and working on a bay/t2 sure made it LOOK like the following years of actually driving and working on a vanagon/t3. ;)

unca joel