Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:24:37 -0500
From:         Allan Streib <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Replace 1.9 with a 2.1 WBX
Comments: To: David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>

Oops -- that's 200cc more in the 2.1. Yeah, I can see that being "noticable" though still not really significant, depending on what else was done with the 2.1 model to get more power out of it.

Allan

David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM> writes:

> What I intend to do is to rebuilt it using as many 1.9 parts on top of > the engine and swap out my 1.9 from my 83 Westy. The 1.9 engine was > rebuilt by me last year. But I have always wanted a 2.1. I need more > power because I went to Yosemite very frequently.

I wonder how much extra power the 2.1 has? I mean, it's only an extra 20cc. That's like a chain-saw motor.

> Oh, BTW, I paid $100 for the 2.1. I think this is very cheap. The shop > said they have had it for 4 months so they just want to get rid of it.

$100 for a core is not bad, depending on what all it needs. Try to find out as much as you can before you start spending money, so you don't end up hundreds of dollars into the project before discovering some kind of back-breaking problem.

Allan -- 1991 Vanagon GL