Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:09:47 +0000
From:         Richard Golen <rgolen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: NVC-73 Beetle Advice
Comments: To: sandwichhead@gmail.com

Michale,

I picked up a 74 Standard (as opposed to Super) Beetle for my son Alex. We're going to work on it as a "learning experience" for him. I've had plenty of experience with A/C bugs and busses...worked on them for money to get through college, and still have a 1956 Beetle that I bought back in 1975.

If you have questions, etc., drop me a line. As far as tires, they take 165x15 radials. They are getting harder to get but with some digging you can find some. The 74 came with 5 new tires. The PO bought the car from the typical "little old lady" w/40k miles. It sat in his yard for about 4 years. Sent my son over with $300 and spoke to his wife. Wife spoke to husband, and a few days later he had a car! Towed it home, spent 40 minutes or so to get it running.

BTW, is it a standard or super?

Ric

_________________________________________________________________ Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_AE_Faster_022009