Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Feb 2009 09:33:06 -0800
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: question about electrical inlet
Comments: To: Amy Miner <vanagonwestygirl@gmail.com>

dear jury rigged

My own electrical adventures involve lots of recoil each thing i have attempted to do has delivered me to the ground in a heap-- shocked me badly --- or set fire to wires-vehicle or both-- very often my attempt quell the over heated wires has resulted in several burn lines crossing my palm and altering my natural life lines with various auto gauge plastic covered copper wire markings--

the common in these events has always been some sort of "that should work ok" statement that followed my installation of new wires between here and there ... cause that is how electricity works isnt it -- plug in wire to carry electricity ... to place i want it --- extension cords have been my way to get nearly everything to everywhere and at the same time have always limited me to length of chord = distance traveled so my electric powered vehicles never got passed the gate

anyway my real point to this stuff is that electricity is funny stuff and unless you have a really good understanding of it --- the same sort of understanding that quiet humble spiritual people have with god -- STAY AWAY FROM doing weird stuff -- inverter plug into plug outlet is not the same thing as an extension chord just because you are using an extension chord -- there are at least three connections from outlet to outlet which can corrode and get green and become upset and then out of frustration because it has been rendered immobile --- the electricity you once thought you were lord over -- will mount a new resistance and burn your van down ...

thanks you yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364