Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Feb 2009 03:58:45 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mercedes Rim lug hole size
Comments: To: colorworks@gci.net

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Troy <colorworks@gci.net> wrote:

> Thanks Andrew! > > As far as I know the Vanagon's use 14 mm bolts and studs. This question > was > related to Vanagon's, although I guess I didn't specifically say that! Hey, > it's a Vanagon forum so figure that was assumed;) > Anyway, thinking the rims designed for the Mercedes 500 SEL have the 23ET > and 14mm bore, but stil not sure! Man, this stuff is confusing.

Troy,

You have to be careful there. Just because we are talking Vanagons doesn't mean they are all alike. For example, a 2wd Vanagon can tolerate a smaller range of offsets compared to Syncros. 2wd's typically have bolts in front and lugnuts over studs in the back. Syncros use lugnuts and studs front and back. If you happen to fall in here on a Friday, Vanagon occasionally seem to be an alien topic to many on that day. =)

As far as rims designed for the 500SEL, you still need to ask the vendor the size of the holes. The earlier S-class sedans still used 12mm bolts.

BenT