Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:59:12 -0500
From:         Sam Walters <syncrosam@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Vanagon Garage Sale Announcement
Comments: To: syncro@yahoogroups.com, Vanagon-Westfalia@yahoogroups.com,
          VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com, wetwesties@yahoogroups.com,
          wolfsburg_campers@yahoogroups.com

Vanagon Garage Sell - Baltimore - rest of this week or until gone

I haven't been reading the various Vanagon lists much at all for a few years now, but I see lots of familiar names in looking through some of the emails in this gmail account that collects all my Vanagon email.

I've got a garage full of Vanagon, and to a lesser degree Syncro, stuff and it is time to get rid of it all. I want to be out of the garage by the end of next week, but hopefully have most of it gone by this weekend. I've got rotator cuff surgery coming up for my right shoulder and I won't be able to do this during the rehab process.

So, this week and weekend, I am going to be posting lots of ads on the Samba and I'll supplement the partial list that will be at the end of this email.

I'll start by apologizing for the multiple versions of this that many will get due to membership on lots of Vanagon lists. If you have them all filtered into one Vanagon email folder, you'll get see lots of copies in one place.

I am NOT going to be sending out regular updates to all these lists.

I've moved out of Baltimore into a burb 25 miles SW of the garage where I have this stuff. I'll be out there much of the day on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, though unfortunately that cuts me off from email - unless I can find so wifi "leaking" from one of the nearby houses. The garage is inside the Baltimore beltway on the NE side of the city. If you are interested in the location it can be found by searching Google maps for 3005 Christopher Ave, Baltimore, MD 21214. That will put you about where you would turn into an alley to get to the garage.

I am going to try to be quite reasonable on my pricing and will be very happy with those who might drive to Baltimore and pick up things like engines and transmissions, seats, etc.

As they say in the real estate business, I am a motivated seller. I won't give away the best pieces as I could hold onto a small amount of stuff and wait for a reasonable price, but for the most part, it is time to get it out the door. Don't think I'll be able to ship before Monday.

If there is something you want and that isn't listed below, feel free to ask. I've stripped two vans pretty thoroughly in the past so lots of little stuff is around.

A partial list of what I have follows:

Syncro transmission (locker type) and front differential - status unknown, pulled from a non-running van whose owner had left it at his mom's place and moved to California. Somewhere in the garage is the control panel from the dash. Maybe a Syncro drive shaft - remember buying a spare, so it probably is in the garage somewhere.

Two 1.9l WBX engines - both running when pulled from vans. Both were VW rebuilds, one with about 40k and one with 100k.

Two sets Vanagon alloy wheels, one with 4 wheels, one with 5. I probably can scrounge up one set of lug nuts and center caps. Know I didn't have both sets of caps.

set of 4 15 in steel wheels from an 05 Passat ET 37 - 5x112 bolt pattern, need to be machined for larger center hole but fit fine after that

Westy 5th seat pedestal and a brown suede cloth captain's chair.

Set of front seats, captain chair style with arm rests, circa 85 brown velour / suede cloth style w armrests. Rear seat from same van has fold out arm rests, but has small rip, close to a freebie.

Two 3 piece rotating seat pedestal mechanisms from a Westy.

Set of Westy style sliding side windows.

Set of standard vanagon sliding side windows.

Numerous windows.

Front doors from a burgundy and white 84 Vanagon.

Gray slider from an 87 Vanagon.

Power steering tubes/hoses.

Automatic transmission from 87 was working fine when car had engine damage - many years ago.

Power steering rack.

AC unit from 84 - all front end

AC unit from 87.

Several instrument panels - some Vanagon w tach and two from Jettas or Passats with odometers that have rpm measures that will work better with 15in wheels and tires - not huge tires but larger than stock. One 740 rpm and one 775 rpm, IIRC. Still more accurate than stock.

Manual transmission from an aircooled vanagon. The engine was gone so that is probably why this van was pulled from the road. Just a hunch though.

2 Digijet ECU's both tested thoroughly

propane type gas tank from Westy

gasoline tank 2WD vanagon

Brown curtains from a Westy.

Rear hatch bug screen brown with small tear.

Cabinets, stove, fridge, sink, etc. from an early Westy - has the wood grain laminate coating. I have lots of the little pieces but they are not real well organized. Rear seat also.

Middle seat rails.

Several steel chromed bumpers in various states - none pristine.

Fiberglass bumpers from an 87 Wolfsburg but they have some patchable damage.

Plastic disk wheel covers from 84 Vanagon - decent shape two cleaned, two not but cleaned a section on each one to show dirt isn't permanent.

Tailights, washer fluid reservoir, Hall generators from Digijet, etc., lots of smaller things.

Crankcase and heads from 2.1 engine that overheated - free if you come get them.

Digijet wiring harness

Maybe an aircooled wiring harness - IIRC

There is more but those are main things coming to mind.

-- Sam Walters Columbia, MD

89 Syncro Zetec inside

85 Weekender