Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:06:19 -0800
From:         Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@VICKERSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ripoff artists named (TheSamba)

Andrew,

Sounds more like FedEx's fault than Mr. Tevis. I deal with FedEx all the time. If they don't have an address in their database - for whatever reason - they won't ship it. Period. Call them? Good luck! You'd be asking them to make a change in their database to include the address in question. I've tried it with no success.

Shipping stuff to third parties and using someone else's PayPal account sound perilous to me. I'm not surprised at all that this thing went sideways.

FWIW, Michael Tevis has been fabricating and selling stuff to the SubieVanagon folks for a while with no complaints. I know someone who has personally gone to his shop in Chico and, last time I spoke with him, was planning on doing a conversion with him.

I know you're peeved because you still don't have your stuff but, IMHO, Mr. Tevis is not a rip off artist preying on Vanagon listees.

Jeff in Marin