Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:56:21 -0800
From:         Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Surepower 1315 Wiring

Mine is wired with the optional boost switch to enable starting from the aux battery. The momentary push-button type switch and indicator LED are mounted next to a battery meter which shows whether the alternator has correct output and if either battery is depleted. Jumper cables are no longer part of my Vanagon inventory.

Large gauge wires (#4 or #6, don't recall) run from both batteries to the 1315 which resides in the cabinet under sink where my aux power distribution/fuse panel is also located. Small gauge wires run from the 1315 to the switch, LED and battery meter which is mounted to a little panel I made that is bolted to the area below the stereo.

The system has been performing flawlessly since installation and I no long have to think about switching batteries. It's totally automatic.