Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:25:46 -0800
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Wal-Mart Griup 41 Battery

I checked out Wal-Mart yesterday for battery for my 83.5 Westy. They were out of group 42 batteries. But they had two group 41 on their shelf. After measuring the dimension I took one home. I successfully installed it in my Westy this morning. It is very tight from top to bottom and corner to corner. But it fits. I have to put some insulation material around the positive terminal and the wire there. It seems to be OK for now.

Has anyone done this before? Am I heading for a possible disaster down the road? Vanagon buses have a battery compartment without an add-on cadge. It will be fine for a group 42 battery. For Westies because of the swival seat base there is an additional cage added to the top of the battery compartment. At least this is what is on my 83.5.

War-Mart had a group 48 (?) battery that is not as wide as the one of group 41. But they were out of it too yesterday. I ended up with the group 41. I may need to replace it with a group 42 eventually.

What will you folks suggest? Keep it or replace it quick? Thanks folks.

David