Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:33:12 -0500
From:         "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus BRR One Week Countdown!! WhooHooo!
Comments: To: Mark A Kippert <vanagon@kippert.com>
Comments: cc: List - Type 2 <type2@type2.com>

Hey, Mark:

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope the coolant leak is not too serious.

Happy to report our '79 Aardvark has heat! It fired right up tonight after sitting in the barn since November (about the last time we saw the ground!) and the heat fix worked! Took a shakedown cruise of about 35 minutes and it ran great.

We are packed up and ready to hit the road for Pokagon in the morning. The weather forecast for lovely Angola, Indiana is for a high of 31F and a low of 15F. This will be really manageable after last year's high of 12 and low of 2 above. Heard from Jeff Lincoln. He and his boy Jack got there about 8:30 after a 3.5 hour drive. I talked to Jack on the cell - he was about out of his mind with excitement about the big toboggan ride.

So, we are sad about '87 Vanagon JoesVan, but it will live again after we pull the engine. Meanwhile, we'll hit the road with what passes for heat in '79

See everybody tomorrow at Pokagon! IMark, will be great to see you at Bus Benefit in the Spring!

I'll post a trip report next week.

Pete '79 Westy "Aardvark" '87 Westy "Joe's Van" WWW.Busesbythebeach.com