Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:44:04 -0800
From:         John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Eurovan seat transplant pix

> whats the benefit of eurovan seats over vanagon seats? the only benefit i > can see is they have a crank knob for adjustment... ive sat in EV seats > before, they didnt strike me as being any more comfortable than seats out of a late > model GL or Carat vanagon..

Well, I can see three advantages in my case. 1) If they're the same height as westy seats, and thus shorter than regular non-westy seats, I'm thinking I might get a better view of the view of the gauges and more knee clearance. 2) They recline all the way, so I won't have to listen to my wife complain that the Vanagon seats don't tip back far enough to take a proper nap on the road. 3) They're at least one year newer than ANY stock Vanagon seat sold in the US, and subsequently are more likely to be in better shape than the seats I have. Minor advantages, but definitely worth the hassle. Particularly reason (2). That particular squeaky wheel always gets first priority.

-- John Bange '90 Vanagon - "Lastwagen" '90 Vanagon GL - "Wiesel"