Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:20:34 -0500
From:         Mike Collum <collum@MYFAIRPOINT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Battery recharge and stereo

Loren Busch wrote: > RE: Radio pulls battery down > I'm puzzled by this thread and others like it in the past. > First, when I put in the Pioneer head unit in my '90 the face wanted to > remain lit. To the manual, sure enough there was an option. Set it to turn > off and never had a problem since.

I installed a Kenwood Sirius ready head unit with the Sirius tuner and a 6 CD changer. It, of course, has 2 power wires, one to be hot all the time and one that is "Supposed" to be switched. I just connected them both to the same power source. On the head unit there is a "SRC" button. If I push and hold it for several seconds, the unit powers up. If I just tap the SRC button, it goes to the next mode (tape, cd, radio, Sirius, and All OFF. The face plate remains lighted when All OFF is displayed. If I push and hold the SRC button when the unit is powered up, it shuts completely off (face plate goes dark). I can leave my Vanagon for weeks at a time without any appreciable drain on the battery.

Mike