Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:03:35 -0500
From:         Sam Walters <syncrosam@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Part Out: 87 Vanagon in VA - everything available
Comments: To: Zoran Mladen <zmaninco@yahoo.com>

Zoran,

So why are you going to take a running van is seemingly decent condition and destroy it by parting it out?

They don't make these things any more - remember!

And if it has the rear facing seats, that means it has the Wolfsburg / Carat type interior, it is a much less common Vanagon configuration - the interior is hardly standard.

Sell it to someone who'll fix it up and keep it alive and running.

Sam

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Zoran Mladen <zmaninco@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all, > > > I am heading back to VA (Mechanicsville, just outside Richmond) and will be > there 3/14-3/21. On my last trip home, I purchased an 87 Vanagon that I > will be parting out. I expect to fully part it out and send the carcass to > the crusher that week. Please send me a list of the parts you are > interested in and also feel free to make offers. > > Here is a quick rundown: > * This Van is grey - its been repainted a couple times - poorly. > * It has the fiberglass bumpers in great shape as I recall. > * The interior is the standard grey with the rear facing seats - > interior is also in nice condition. > * The Van had power windows but they were replaced with manual > windows. > * It has power locks. > * Also has the power mirrors. > * I do not recall if it has alloys but I thought it did. > * It is an automatic transmission. > * The head gaskets on the engine were replaced five years ago - I > drove the car home, and if it was me, I would replace the head gaskets > before using it. The whole engine is available. > Everything is available! Let me konw what you need! > > Thanx! > > Z > > > >

-- Sam Walters Baltimore, MD

89 Syncro Zetec inside