Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:59:16 -0500
From:         pdooley <psdooley@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Frozen Engine
Comments: To: Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>

Really depends on how rusted the motor is.

Sometimes shocking the piston tops by hammering with a large wood dowel will free things up. (heads removed, of course) You run the risk of breaking a ring doing this though.

I would hit it with some PB blaster in the spark plug holes and build a fire underneath to heat the damn thing up. Bear in mind if the rings are frozen at the top or sides, any penetrating oil will do no good thanks to gravity, unless you fill the cylinders full.

Did you try forward and reverse when towing? It may help to change directions.