Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Mar 2009 12:40:10 -0800
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS: $3600 1986 VW Adventurewagen w/ Berh in dash AC for sale in
              San Francisco area

Hello Folks,

Sorry for the crosspost for those of you in multiple lists. I am selling this AW for a friend of mine. I helped him get it as a personal project but he has decided he wants a Westy instead. The camper needs a bit of work since it has been sitting for a couple of years. The fellow we got the van from said he had VW evaluate the engine and was told it was in good condition and only has 40K miles on it. The van sat near damp ground which may have contributed to the rusty exhaust. Looks like old exhaust to me. Cat is even rusty. Running rich and idling high but drove OK.

Moving on here's m quickie evaluation. There is a shallow dent on the driver's side just in front of the rear wheel opening. It's hard to see in photos. Two tires are good. Two tires are dried out. I have a set of new C-rated Kirkland tires 195/70/14 mounted on Vanagon steel wheels for sale separately for $250. Have a set of alloys with good non-LT tires for $300. Please excuse the personal plug. The sliding door is toast. Good news is the camper comes with a spare door but maroon in color. Replacement door is from a 1987. Front seats w/ non-adjustable armrest are in good condition. Carpet needs cleaning. The wood inside needs a good oiling. Most of it looks dry from sitting. Cobwebs everywhere.

Rear brake cylinder is supposedly leaking per the Seller. The looked OK but I did not have the drums out. My mechanic is looking it over for me sometime today.

The van is a 4-speed with the stock 2.1 WBX. Comes with the rare Behr in dash AC. 80's vintage Alpine pull-out. Sorry I forgot to check mileage. I'll check that out later when I have more time.

Asking $3600 'as-is' & 'where-is'. Registration cost responsibility of Buyer. I can get temp tags but requires I register in my name. That adds about $200-$300.

Please pmail inquiries. Dibs to at least two listmembers who ask about the camper first. No deposit taken yet. Photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/syncro/1986VWVanagonAdventurewagen?authkey=Gv1sRgCKu_9rPlhMWcRg #

Thanks for reading this far.

BenT

ps: i have a Westy interior available separately for $750. includes water & propane tanks