Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:37:33 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: westfalia = chick repellant. (friday)

OK, so here are Patty's thoughts on the topic - in brief. She also at one point had talked about how I (conciously or not) started calling it our bus and things like that so that eventually she was a convert. So much so that she bought a '78 last summer. Anyhow here are her comments.

*I am busy so this is not well thought out: Before we got back together, I saw you driving that crazy thing and just rolled my eyes. But it was fun to point out to my friends and say "Check that out. That's my high school boyfriend." It was good for some laughs. Then we got together and the bus was part of the package so I don't have the same experience as a wife that sees a bus coming for the first time. Then, I learned to love the bus for it's comfort, ability to carry massive amounts of junk and still have room for us, and the visibility in a parking lot. Then, I can to find humor in the aspect of it's always needing attention and that it was OK to drive to an event sputtering and leaking fluids. Then, I learned the frustration of it always needing attention and my vehicles having to be in top form and always at the ready as a back-up. I can't say if it is an attractant or repellant because it really depends on the woman. If I had envisioned myself with someone in a BMW convertible with the wind blowing through my hair, it is unlikely to ATTRACT me. If I'm looking for someone who is willing to commit to something they love, problems and all, and who is willing to put in some time, I can learn to appreciate the bus. As for hoping the woman says, "Go ahead" it really depends on other projects that are pending and the financial commitment involved. That is what women expect the man to have planned for before the proposal of a "new" bus. *

-- Thanks,

Jeff '90 Carat (Grover) '86 (We call this one Parts) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus