Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Mar 2009 11:50:37 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fuel gauge sender ground location
Comments: To: Philip Zimmerman <philzimm1@oberon.ark.com>

At 10:52 PM 3/5/2009, Philip Zimmerman wrote: >I profess, at least a partial description that may relieve you from >having to roll in the snow!

Thanks most kindly, sir.

>As a digression, when did rolling in the snow stop being fun? >Somewhere in my memory, this was once a very fun thing to do..... anyway.....

Well, in one sense maybe about age 50. In another, you have to understand that here in Rhode Island we don't actually dress for cold weather -- since it doesn't actually get very cold, hasn't been below 10F but once this winter I think; but it does indeed *feel* cold when you're wearing a windbreaker and playing with icy metal. Also, Providence being a city of sorts, there's no convenient place to put the excess snow; so in winters like this one when it actually does snow it tends to pile up inconveniently and reduce the width of streets to where it makes you a bit nervous having your legs sticking out from under. And the previous owner of this house had to "borrow" a foot of land from the neighbor in order to make the driveway not wide enough...cars were narrower in 1941 I reckon. We have a double lot, consuming two street numbers -- 45 feet wide. The neighbors on one side have a triple lot, and on the other side a very skinny house; so they both have generous driveways.

Thanks again, David

-- David Beierl - Providence RI USA -- http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '89 Po' White Star "Scamp"