Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:08:58 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 87 passenger from southwest
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>

I would have to say there are quite a few 22 year old vehicles, including vanagons that are dead stock. I deal with them constantly actually.

in about 2003 or so I had a customer just ask for a 'rebuilt engine' for his 84 Westy. So I figured I'd try a vw dealer-supplied rebuilt 1.9.........and that worked out perfectly. I thought it rather interesting that the vw dealer parts department said they couldn't supply 2.1's........... just 1.9's .......and perhaps that's how 1.9's got into 86 and later vanagons. They bolt in either way completely.....all parts swap either way to put either engine where the other one was. the only real difference I can think of on the whole long block is the extra oil pressure switch on the 2.1 .

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Potts" <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 12:26 PM Subject: Re: 87 passenger from southwest