Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Mar 2009 15:51:10 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replacing FI with Carbs on WBX 2.1L
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

we eagerly await the results of your experimentation. a true 're-think' of how carbs and how they work would be interesting.

you might make a good diesel nut, due to their nearly purely mechanical nature.........the older ones, not tdi's. And they can be 100 % non-electrical. and it would be fun, just for a project, to make a vanagon that has an engine that requires no electricity to run. ( hey, my carbed 56 VW Bus had a crank handle for starting even, if you had to )

Magneto ignition would fix that,( no juice required to run the engine ) ignition wise, if gasoline. the 100 mpg thing ...........nothing is absolutely impossible of course. You're gonna have to get those air and fuel molecules pretty excited or something though !

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 10:32 PM Subject: Re: Replacing FI with Carbs on WBX 2.1L