Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:01:56 -0700
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tires - Why oh why NOT?

Costco is where I got tires for all my cars. I have never felt comfortable to go else where. I have tried but never a single time I did not return to Costco to get tires, ever since Costco existed.

If tires with reinforced sidewall of a right size is readily available I would never consider anything else. The problem is Costco has not have it for years. They have over 100 different tires and there is not a single one for Vanagons.

I can understand why Chris asked the question in the first place. Vanagon is not the largest and heaviest van in the world. If Costco has 100 different tires, and half of them are for trucks and SUVs I would ask, as Chris did, why or why not? A lof of the tire sizes obviously give the answer no. If I were to put 15 or 16" rims on the Vanagon and if there are tires for SUVs of the right size, load rating, max pressure but not with reinforced sidewall, I would ask why not?

By the way I dealt with American Tire Company (a chain store) on Stevenscreek Blvd, Santa Clara. The experience was like a worst nightmare. I should have reported to the DA but I turned to Costco and put on 4 new tires and decided to put it behind me forever. Never again I would go near any tire stores of a similar business practice.

David