Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Mar 2009 06:27:58 -0700
Subject:      Buying a new VW - anyone have salesperson advice?

OK it's Friday so non Vanagon stuff is allowed on the list... this does partain to Volkswagens so I'm OK right!?

My wife wants to trade in her 2006 V10 TDI Touareg (20.000km / 1 year warranty remaining - just wants a smaller car) and get a 2009 TDI Jetta wagon.

Anyone have any sound advice in dealing with the car weasels er um sales people out there?

Using round numbers, the Jetta (full load) is 35000, three different dealers have what we want, and the average CraigsList private price of the Touareg is 55000 - realizing that the dealer needs to make a living and trading a more expensive car for a less expenisive car is always a bad thing... what is the best deal I can hope to get from a VW dealer.  The highest opening offer from the dealers is 35K for the car (no one will move on price) and 39K for the Touareg which to me is way low... or is it...

Help me get in touch with the "inner rodent" of the car sales person!

David Marshall VW Adventure Driver and BMW Adventure Rider http://www.hasenwerk.ca