Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:41:07 -0400
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Subject: Re: Buying a new VW - anyone have salesperson advice?
Comments: To: Bernie <berniej@GMAIL.COM>

Surely, you knew that you'd 'sell' many cars, without closing the deal, before you started that commissions-only job. You must have understood that all salesmen still have to go through the whole deal practically every, and still have the customer buy elsewhere. They are obviously in the market to buy, after all. If you were expecting it to go any other way, then you set yourself up for this disappointment. Not in sales anymore, I take it? There's no loyalty on either side of that fence; business is business. You're at odds with them; they want to get something for the lowest possible price, and you want to sell it to them at the highest possible profit It's a universal principal in sales of anything to anyone.

Mike B. (not a salesman) ----- Original Message ----- From: Bernie To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 10:52 PM Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Buying a new VW - anyone have salesperson advice?

Help me get in touch with the "inner rodent" of the car sales person

I sold new Toyota's for some years after a career in social work. Let me share that there are some customers who more than qualify for the "rodernt of the year" award. On more occasions that I want to remember you would spend a lot of time with a customer presenting the car, demonstrating the car, explaining features of the car and making sure the right vehicle had been selected with the right options and color only to find them in the fleet guys office later in the week as they had bought through a broker who spends no or very little time with the customer. The broker makes something, the fleet guy makes something and I who did most of the work and actually "sold" the car make "nothing". If you buy from a broker to save a few bucks that is fine but don't ask me to "sell" a car so he can get paid. When you work commission only, it would be nice if people put some value on the time you spend with them. Believe me you see people with a lack of integrity on both sides of the desk in the car business. Lack of integrity shows up in any kind of business not just the car business.

Bernie (the rodentl) Vancouver